Wyse Technology, a global leader in cloud client computing, announced support for VMware View™ 5.1 upon release. Wyse's cloud client portfolio of desktop, mobile, and handheld thin and zero clients and software will support VMware View 5.1 enabling customers to simplify IT management, security, and control of desktop services while delivering a virtual desktop experience across any device and any network.
VMware View 5.1 with PCoIP delivers end user freedom and IT control from your cloud, enabling a rich, personalized access to desktop services like applications, unified communications and 3D graphics for real world productivity.
VMware View 5.1 incorporates new features including:
• VMware View Storage Accelerator – storage access optimization to improve performance and storage cost
• Improved management at scale – localization, local browser compatibility, physical device support and one-time migration from XP to Win7, enhanced provisioning flexibility, streamlined configuration management, connection brokering, policy enforcement, performance monitoring.
• Even better end-user experience – anonymous product statistics collection program, improved USB device compatibility, enhanced two-factor authentication and functionality for desktop and mobile devices
"VMware and Wyse share the vision of helping companies shift to desktop virtualization and embrace a host of end user devices that allow anytime, anywhere access," said Param Desai, VP, Product Management at Wyse Technology.
"Wyse complements VMware’s vision for a more user-centric approach to end-user computing by automating management and simplifying the role of IT," said Vittorio Viarengo, vice president, End User Computing, VMware. “We are pleased to partner with Wyse Technology to bring customers solutions that provide choice and flexibility as organizations accelearte their journey to the cloud through desktop virtualization with VMware View™.”
Wyse hardware and software that support VMware View 5.1 include:
• Wyse P20 zero client (hardware PCoIP)
• Wyse Microsoft Windows Embedded thin client family
• Wyse-enhanced SUSE and Ubuntu Linux thin client family
• Wyse ThinOS thin client family
• Wyse PocketCloud for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch & Android smartphones and tablet devices
For more information, please visit the Wyse and VMware video.